We are looking for a professional individual who is capable to ensure the company complies with statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the financial industry. The successful incumbent will report to the Chief Compliance Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the business and provide legal advice across a wide range of corporate, commercial, transactional, and regulatory matters to support the company’s operations, including fundraisings and other strategic transactions, corporate secretarial matters and IP matters.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial agreements, including service agreements, partnership/collaboration agreements, NDAs, and marketing agreements.
- Support structuring, legal and execution matters in relation to issuances on the platform.
- Conduct and/or coordinate legal due diligence on potential transactions.
- Co-ordinate and manage external legal counsel appointed by the company.
- Maintain the company’s regulatory and compliance documents which include KYC and AML, and other policies and procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and comply with applicable regulations.
- Ensure ongoing processes and controls are complete and accurate recordkeeping of all documentation and relevant communications with internal stakeholders, regulators, and clients.
- Partner with functional experts (i.e., Operation, Business, etc) to develop procedures, processes, and controls.
- Acts as the main liaison officer with external legal counsels.
- Motivate & lead the legal team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputable university with at least 8 years of post-qualification experience, and part of which was spent preferably at a top-tier international law firm.
- Bilingual, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiar with MAS Securities and Futures Act (SFA), Payment Service Act (PSA), regulatory requirements for a Recognised Market Operator (RMO) in Singapore, and other relevant regulatory rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with regulatory regimes across multiple APAC jurisdictions, including emerging markets will be a plus.
- Superior level of resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Outstanding people skills and able to work well across the organization, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and take ownership in the roles and projects.
- Direct deal experience in conducting diligence, drafting and negotiating transactional documents and advising business stakeholders.
- Excellent at building rapport with different client types through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
If you are looking to be part of an exciting team within the financial technology industry, we would like to hear from you. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are requested to write in with your detailed resume including current and expected remuneration, and contact numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.